The change of seasons, makes my face tighten up and look wrinkly. I needed help and fast. That’s when I decided to try Slaai™ Make-up Melting Butter Cleanser by Drunken Elephant. Formulated without fragrances or essential oils.
What we like:
- Makes your face feel smooth
- Feels good on your fingers
- Unique spoon rest on the lid
- Doesn’t feel oily
- Rinses off easily
- Removes make up nicely
- You don’t need very much, so the product should last a long time
What we don’t like:
- Have to think outside the box on this one…it feels just plain weird to wash your face with a cleansing butter and not a liquid type cream.
How we picked: Drunken Elephant has some award winning products, so it seemed a no brainer to try their cleansing cream.
Ingredients list: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Lauryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Glycerin
Here are what some of the ingredients do:
- nourishing fruit salad blend: a mix of non-fragrant soothing fruit extracts (blueberry, kiwi and strawberry) and replenishing fruit oils (cranberry seed oil, acai fruit oil and watermelon seed oil) that helps comfort + moisturize skin.
- marula seed oil: a moisturizing oil, high in antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9., that preserves and nourishes your skin while restoring its youthful glow.
- baobob seed oil: super-penetrating oil that intensely softens and helps dissolve makeup with its high fatty acid content and deep moisturizing properties.
- kalahari melon seed oil: lightweight oil that soothes while moisturizing and restoring elasticity.
- mongongo oil: has a fatty acid profile as rich as coconut oil that protects the vital lipids in skin as it melts dirt and other impurities from skin.
- ximenia oil: rich in vitamin c and is very nourishing and moisturizing.
Essential oils: No
Made in: USA
Did I have any allergy or asthma attacks? Not a one
Over 140 reviews gave this a 4.7 star.